Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Great Gatsby

| | 0 comments

I think all three of these book covers are successful. My personal favoriate is the first one. The art deco style is perfect for the story line and time period. I love the texture of the book and the the shadow on the figure is subtle but works very well.  The second works in a pretty great because of it's contemporary take on a 1940s book. I love the wild illustration style that kind of mimics the insanity of Jay Gatbsy. The last one is beautiful in a disco crazy way. The face of what seems to be Daisy is great because it is kind of taking over the entire book like she did with Gatbsy's life. From a personal opinion I think the first and second covers have the most resolved type. Especially the first one, I like the mix of type faces together with the illustration.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment