Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Classic Remakes

| | 0 comments


I've touched on this before with certain bookcovers that I've compared with the old and new but I just love when fresh new designers have their own take on a book and it's style. I adore the "Emma" bookcover because of the embroidered look it mimics and the youthful color pallet which is very reflective of all the Austen stories. While the cover is relaying an image for a victorian era book it still has a very contemporary feel. Harper Lees "To Kill a Mocking Bird" is on everyone's favorite must read list and while I don't know how well this cover relates to the story it striked me because of it's beautiful typography. I love how the title and the caption are in the foreground and very bold while the author name is pushed back a little but still very effective. Overall I think both designs are fresh and effective for the literature at hand.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment