Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Funny Ladies Who Write Books-- The Covers

| | 0 comments
I'm pretty sure Mindy Kaling is my personality twin, awkward sauce. I had originally planned to blog about all of these books separately but then I realized how crazy funny all of these women were and how well designed all their books are. Sooo... I lump them together.

"Bossypants" is a hilarious books with an even more hilarious cover. I really love the manly arms and body on Tina {Anyone else think that's Alec Baldwin's body?} and the mustard color background. I think the image itself is simple but it gets the point across and gets a good reaction. I also like how Tina's name is in a structured, sort of strong serif and the title is more of a feminine typeface. It's a nice contrast.

Mindy is awkward and so is her book cover, but that's good! The type is really simple and I think it should be because of the crazy Victorian wallpaper styled background and pink dress Mindy is rocking. Crazy type with all of that could have been a design upchuck. The expression on Mindy's face and her stance is perfect for the book, even by reading the title and looking at the cover one can tell that she's an awkward, conflicted, odd little woman-- Aren't we all?

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea... This cover is perfect for a fake family "tell all". I think Handler wants people to think she is this nitty gritty, party girl, cynical etc. and it really shows through in her book cover. I especially like the typography. I think the handwritten type really adds to the overall feel of the book and makes it seem less structured and a little silly especially with the placement on her arm. I really love the font face that "Chelsea Handler" is in. When you look at it at a glance it looks vectored but upclose it has a hand done feel too. Really quirky but sophisticated because of the rich pink color against the black. The picture is hilarious and I'm pretty sure she is suppose to be drunk.

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment