Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jessica Hische Book design!

| | 0 comments
So my freshman year in Art School my design professor assigned us a research project on a contemporary designer, I researched Jessica Hische. Ever since then I have been following her work. I was on one of my favorite designer's blogs, SrslyLiz , and noticed that Hische had partnered up with Penguin Books and featured her awesome drop caps on some of their books!


So this review is going to be 100% positive. I'm obsessed with the Victorian style letter illustrations. For "Pride & Prejudice" cover I think the color pallet is so sophisticated and while I'm not sure what peacock feathers have to do with the book, I love how whimsical they make the letter A look! As for "Jane Eyre" I must admit that the color pallet doesn't strike me as colors for that book, it really works in the design aspect. The pin-up illustrated letter has a great 3d quality and looks as though it's been screen printed on the book which is kind of sweet since it's vector. I think the ornamental designs really add to the eras and styles of both books.

I am seriously considering buying all my favorite novels that come in her designs. Ahh they are all in hard back too!    

0 comments:

Post a Comment