Wednesday, September 26, 2012

#4 How to be an explorer of the world

| | 0 comments
In the excitement of going to New York tomorrow I completely forgot to have a really thought out & meaningful blog about a special book that I love. But I remembered, at 1 am, that I own and love love love "How to be an Explorer of the World" by Keri Smith. Keri Smith is kind of a jack of all trades when it comes to illustration, writing and design so I love all of her books, this one the most!
While I am personally starting to move away from hand done elements in my design work I love her use of messy cut textures and the hand done type. The way she organized the shapes and played with color really activates the cover without making it look too boring or busy.
The qurky type is so much fun. I think it was really thought out in placement and style. I also loved the marking out of the word art  to make it life museum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment